Wednesday 19 September 2007

Customer Service (and again!)

You may have read a previous post on my experience with Currys - Customer service (here we go again!). Well, I decided to write to Peter Keenan, Currys' Managing Director (he is formally the next port of call, after the customer service centre), putting forth my experience in dealing with customer service in his organisation. I made it clear that the letter was not because of the fault in the product, nor to claim that Currys was wrong and I right. It was for the approach taken by customer service staff when complaints are reported, valid or otherwise. Listing down the issues I thought were handled badly (refer to the previous post), I concluded by saying I hoped that more credibility would be given to customers as a policy in the future. The default assumptions should be that the customer is telling the truth, even if a small minority of customers wilfully try to take advantage of this.

This afternoon I received a phone call from Mr. Keenan's office, appreciating my letter and informing me that they would be having an internal investigation into the matter. They also mentioned that they hoped that I would not be put off shopping with them again. I declined to mention names unless they insisted (they did not) but reassured them that I would indeed be shopping with them again. It was only proper, I think, after the call.


Top

No comments: