Tuesday 4 September 2007

Why MBA?

A couple of days ago I had a discussion with someone I met for the first time, and got round to discussing why I am investing in an MBA at this stage of my life and career. I guess an MBA means different things to different people, depending on their background, ambitions, career-stage, industry, and family status. (Read my concerns on the subject, which I had briefly touched on, when I started writing this blog.)

Well, as much for my sanity and satisfaction as for anyone else curious enough to know, here's why. I will be happy to add to the list in time or if a suggestion is made.

In no particular order:

  • The MBA tag
  • The exposure to, and the opportunity to network with, some of the best in business - industry leaders, academic stalwarts, etc.
  • The opportunity to network with Oxford and Said Business School alumni, developing business contacts and making friends for life
  • The opportunity to change career streams (which is otherwise difficult at this stage of a career)
  • To diversify my business knowledge; to learn the basics of all major areas of business, especially in the areas of finance, accounting, business development and strategy.
  • Enhanced career opportunities
  • Increased credibility
  • To take a break and become a student after all these years
  • To have a great time
  • To be able to earn a bigger paycheck



Top

2 comments:

Rahul said...

hey chacha ;D gr8 blog i need some tips from u :P ..really u r about 2 be a pro-blogger ;]

Rahul said...

gr8 blog chacha :) u r soon gonn be a pro-blogger ;D