Thursday 9 August 2007

College membership, accommodation

Not long to go now, yet two important components of the coming year are still unresolved: my college membership and a place to stay.

Its now 4 weeks since a request would have been made for college membership to Mansfield, so I am expecting something real soon. Unfortunately by the time I could formally request for college membership, most colleges offering accommodation were full. Private rented accommodation it is, then. Things are moving along on this front too, so its only a matter of time before this is sorted. Am probably going to be making another visit to Oxford soon, to view a few properties.

I have already been to Oxford three times now (not counting the one visit I made a couple of years ago), and the city already feels like home. I have become quite familiar with the area around the business school and with the city center. During my last visit I drove and so could spend time driving around the other parts of the city. It certainly helps with the house hunting. The one negative is that the novelty is wearing out, fast!

Off peak it takes under an hour to drive from Coventry to Oxford, which is really great news - it will be really easy making impulsive visits home. Rush hours may prove different, but I don't expect to driving home then. Except, maybe, for the odd Friday afternoon.


Top

No comments: